Saturday, December 3, 2016

Final Anthology Conclusion

The blog posts I chose to include in the anthology all relate to most, if not all of the course learning objectives. First, I draw upon at least one key term in each post. For example, in my “Eat Drink Man Woman Voiceover”, I drew upon the key term of audience. I decided that the audience of the voiceover would be viewers of a funky travel show that dove into different cultures and examined their food. I used phrases such as, “Wow, now would you look at that” to engage the viewer of the show. Without deciding on an audience, I would not know which phrases to include. Another example of using a key term in a blog post is using the term genre in “Want to Trade for a Cow Tongue Sandwich?”. For this assignment, we had to write a personal narrative that had to do with the overarching class theme of food, so I wrote a personal narrative with a very descriptive anecdote.
Another learning objective that was met in every blog post was being able to constructively critique your own work and write in stages. I learned that writing is never a one-time thing: it is a process that consists of stages. For most of my blog post I first outlined and brainstormed what I would write about and the audience and genre of the post, then I would write a draft, next I would critique and revise my post, and then ultimately create a final draft. For example, in my “Eat Drink Man Woman Voiceover” post, I first identified that the audience of this post would be viewers of a travel food show and the genre is a show script. As I previously said, because of this, I included ear-catching phrases such as “I can’t wait to try it, it looks superb!”. In addition, after I wrote a rough draft, I went back and changed some words and added phrases to make the post more descriptive and interesting. For example, I first had a sentence that said, “Vegetables are best when they are fresh.”, but in my revision, I went on to add a clause that made the sentence more interesting to the viewer. I turned the sentence into, “Vegetable are best when they are fresh, just look at that crispness.” I learned that revising is always necessary and it can make your work not only more enjoyable to read, but also it provides more evidence for your claims.

One learning objective that I wish I touched on more was composing texts in multiple genres. However, I did do this for the photo-essay assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment