Monday, November 21, 2016

Blog Post Reflection

Reflection for "Eat Drink Man Woman Voiceover"  http://mashaenglish.blogspot.com/2016/10/eat-drink-man-woman-voiceover-revision.html

In my blog post “Eat Drink Man Woman Voiceover” I think I did a pretty good job of making a voiceover for the movie clip we were given. The targeted audience of this post was viewers of a cooking or travel talk show. An example of a show that this could be a voiceover for is “Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman.” The genre of this writing is a script for a travel show or talk show on food.
I think I did a fairly good job of keeping the reader, or viewer, engaged. For example, I used phrases that could relate to the viewer, such as saying “my favorite!”. Saying that a certain preparation of a dish is my personal favorite is relatable for the viewer, because it makes them realize that they can also relate to what they are watching and compare the way the chef is making the food to how they like to make the food. Additionally, I added an extra layer to descriptions by saying how excited I am to try the dish, and by commenting on the quality of the food. For example, I didn’t just say that the vegetables looked fresh, I said “look at the crispness [of the vegetables]”.
          However, one thing that I would add to my voice over would be more detail. For example, I say that the “chef knows the best way to marinate chicken with the wide array of spices”, but I do not say which spices he uses. I could also try to use more descriptive and 

No comments:

Post a Comment